No experience necessary!
We are looking for:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught students (this includes students who may have just finished their undergraduate degree, or are about to embark on a postgraduate taught course)
- Studying a subject with little to no experience of working with quantitative data, for example social sciences or humanities
- Open-minded and willingness to learn new skills
- Motivated and driven to get the most out of new opportunities
As a response to a nationwide shortage of numerically-skilled social science graduates, Q-Step is a UK-wide £19.5 million programme to promote a step-change in quantitative training in the British social sciences education over a five-year period. Exeter has been chosen as one of only fifteen universities to host a Q-Step centre, developing specialist undergraduate programmes including work placements as well as pathways to postgraduate study.
For more information please visit the University of Exeter Q-Step Centre or the Nuffield Foundation websites.
We are able to offer a bursary to cover:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation for the duration of one block of the summer school
- Travel & Subsistence contribution
Please note that course registration costs will not be covered by the bursary.
- You must be currently registered on a qualifying Q-Step course or module as listed here
How to Apply
Simply submit an application by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button when applications open and ensure you tick that you are a Q-Step student on the application form