Confirmed invited speakers:
- Arnaud Cassan (IAP Paris, France)
- Mercedes Filho (Univ. of Porto, Portugal)
- Violeta Games (Univ. of Leiden, Netherlands)
- Tyler Gardner (Univ. of Michigan, USA)
- Doug Gies (GSU, USA)
- Susanne Hoefner (Uppsala Univ., Sweden)
- Evgenia Koumpia (Univ. of Leeds, UK)
- Jacques Kluska (Univ. of Leuven, Belgium)
- Sylvestre Lacour (Observatoire de Paris, France)
- Keiichi Ohnaka (Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile)
- Zhaohuan Zhu (Univ. of Nevada, USA)
- …with more to be announced shortly.
The conference will run from April 20th to 24th, inclusive. In addition to talks and poster sessions, we will be running the following as part of the standard delegate package:
- Wednesday afternoon: excursion (see options below).
- Wednesday evening: conference dinner (see details below).
- Date TBC: Visibility in Interferometry network lunch (further details to be announced soon).
On Tuesday evening, we will also be holding a lecture in the Alumni Auditorium of the University of Exeter featuring a talk for members of the public to attend. Conference delegates are also welcome to attend. Further details will be announced soon.
Conference Dinner Venue
On Wednesday evening, we will be dining at the Mill on the Exe, a gastro-pub on the site of an old water-powered paper mill with spectacular views across the river Exe. We have reserved the whole downstairs area and will have access to the outdoor terrace should the weather be good.
When registering for the conference, please use the space provided to inform us of any dietary requirements and allergies which we are required to collect and pass on to our catering providers.
On Wednesday afternoon, we will be taking a break from talks and providing two excursion options. When you register, you will be asked to select between the following two options:
Excursion 1: “Dartmoor Hike”
Join us for a custom-made tour of Dartmoor, one of the South West of England’s most beautiful National Parks, led by Ride This Way tour guides.
Please note that you will need sturdy footwear and, as we cannot predict the weather for April, waterproof and warm clothing are highly recommended.
Excursion 2: “Exeter Sightseeing”
Join us for a walking tour of the historic city of Exeter led by the City Council’s Redcoat tour guides, a guided canoe or boat trip along the River Exe and a drink at the famous Double Locks pub.
Please note that both of our excursions are flexible and can be adjusted on a person-by-person basis if necessary. If you have mobility issues or would require extra assistance, please get in touch via the contact page and we will do our best to find suitable alternatives while ensuring you can enjoy the wonderful scenery the city of Exeter and the county of Devon have to offer.
Visibility in Interferometry Lunch
The Visibility in Interferometry network are an equity, diversity and inclusion group focussed on widening participation of typically under-represented minority groups in optical interferometry. The network will be hosting a lunch during the conference which will be open to all interested attendees. More information will be provided in due course.