Note that my office hours may change weekly. Please check for updates on the teaching page here.
I am available to supervise highly motivated, knowledgeable postgraduate research students on both basic science and applied projects related to my areas of research.
- China Scholarship Council and University of Exeter PhD Scholarships
- University of Exeter Global Excellence Scholarship (deadline 04-Mar)
- Brazil Science without Borders Program-current scholarships for Brazilian students via CNPq and CAPES
- MSc by Research Geography
- Find a PhD scholarship
UK and EU students
- PhD project on Lightning effects on tropical forests
- PhD project on Forest degradation and ecosystem services in tropical montane forests
Internships and dissertation research scholarship: Royal Forestry Society
Potential research projects
There are many exciting options for under- and post-graduate research projects that could make use of techniques learned in Geography modules and analyze data collected over the years by my research group. See the Research page for more info about potential projects and contact Ted Feldpausch to discuss ideas.
- GEO1210 Investigating Physical Geography
- GEO2307 Physical Geography Fieldtrip (Brazil Atlantic Forest)
- GEO2309 Physical Geography Practical
- GEO2330 Research Methods for Physical Geography
- GEO2331 Research Design in Physical Geography
- GEO2226 Biogeography and Ecosystems
- GEO3321/22 BSc Dissertation
- GEO3230 Tropical Forests in a Changing World
- GEOM410 Key Themes in Climate Change Impacts and Feedbacks
- GEOM411 Research Methods in Climate Change
Exeter Carbon Observatory
As part of my teaching on the carbon cycle and biogeography, I use the Exeter Carbon Observatory.
- Amy C. Bennett, PhD, 2020, Univ of Leeds, Impact of the 2015-2016 El Niño on tropical forests
- Manoela Mollinari, PhD, 2019, Univ of Sheffield, Fire in the Amazon forest amidst selective logging and climate variation
- Andrew Cox, MSc, 2019, Univ of Exeter, Protected Area Performance in the Dry Forests and Savannahs of West Africa: a Study using L-band Synthetic Aperture Radar (internal examiner)
- Michelle Kalamandeen, PhD, 2018, Univ of Leeds, Forest Loss Dynamics and Impacts from Gold Mining in Amazonia
- Edmar Oliveira, PhD, 2018, UNEMAT-Brazil
- Ike Felix, PhD, 2015, Univ of Exeter, Evaluation of the impact of climate and human-induced changes on the Nigerian forest using remote sensing
- Regiane Lima Roberto, MSc, 2014, UNEMAT-Brazil
- Bianca de Oliveira, MSc, 2014, UNEMAT-Brazil