Note that my office hours may change weekly. Please check for updates on the teaching page here.
I am available to supervise highly motivated, knowledgeable postgraduate research students on both basic science and applied projects related to my areas of research.
- China Scholarship Council and University of Exeter PhD Scholarships
- University of Exeter Global Excellence Scholarship (deadline 04-Mar)
- Brazil Science without Borders Program-current scholarships for Brazilian students via CNPq and CAPES
- MSc by Research Geography
- Find a PhD scholarship
UK and EU students
- PhD project on Lightning effects on tropical forests
- PhD project on Forest degradation and ecosystem services in tropical montane forests
Internships and dissertation research scholarship: Royal Forestry Society
- GEO1210 Investigating Physical Geography
- GEO2307 Physical Geography Fieldtrip (Brazil Atlantic Forest)
- GEO2309 Physical Geography Practical
- GEO2330 Research Methods for Physical Geography
- GEO2331 Research Design in Physical Geography
- GEO2226 Biogeography and Ecosystems
- GEO3321/22 BSc Dissertation
- GEO3230 Tropical Forests in a Changing World
- GEOM410 Key Themes in Climate Change Impacts and Feedbacks
- GEOM411 Research Methods in Climate Change
Exeter Carbon Observatory
As part of my teaching on the carbon cycle and biogeography, I use the Exeter Carbon Observatory.
Andrew Cox, MSc, 2019, Protected Area Performance in the Dry Forests and Savannahs of West Africa: a Study using L-band Synthetic Aperture Radar (internal examiner)