We are committed to developing and nurturing a diverse and rich pipeline of talented researchers by equipping them with the knowledge and skills to excel and contribute to the delivery of high-quality and impactful translational biomedical research. Expertise will be harnessed from across the partnership to deliver the best possible training and career development opportunities for all students/staff associated with our 5 BRC research themes.
We will be offering a number of training programmes as we grow and develop our research capacity, aimed at individuals at all levels with varied experiences and expertise.
Our opportunities are evolving for staff and students across our partnership with the Royal Devon and NHS organisations.
• PhD studentships 2024-5 – for early careers scientists with an offering to work with world-leading researchers, gain comprehensive training and contribute significantly to the local and national economy through cutting edge translational research.
• Mid-Career Fellowships – for midcareer clinical academics in and around our region wishing to develop fellowship or substantial research grants whilst receiving support and mentorship.
• Senior Investigator Fellowships – for Senior NHS Clinical Academics in the RD&E or other partner trusts, enabling sufficient time for developing and leading on translational activities within the 5 key themes of the BRC.
• Translational Fellowships – for early to mid-career scientists and clinical academics to leverage externally funded fellowships whilst receiving support and mentorship to become independent researchers.
• PhD Studentships 2023 – for early careers scientists with an offering to work with world-leading researchers, gain comprehensive training and contribute significantly to the local and national economy through cutting edge translational research.
For general or more specific enquiries pertaining to BRC training and professional development, please get in contact with:
Dr Sophie Gould – NIHR Exeter BRC Training and Events Manager