Appointment announcement

I am delighted to announce that Gail Reeves has been appointed as our first Head of Technical Services. Gail has been Assistant College Manager for CLES in Cornwall where she had responsibility for managing technical staff operations (amongst other responsibilities).  Gail has a biology research background and therefore has  extensive experience of  working in labs. I hope you will join me in wishing Gail all the very best in her new role. Linda Peka, Director of College Services.

“I am looking forward to working with all staff in our new technical services structure who deliver excellent support to STEMM research and teaching on all our campuses.  We are progressing well with the organisational structure for our service, and are currently consulting with college executive groups, disciplines and the unions. We plan to publish the structure on 1 July as previously advised. I hope to meet all TS staff over the coming weeks and months, to get to know you individually and to better understand the detail of the first-class service that you provide.” Gail

HEaTED CATTS (Competency Assessment Tool for Technical Staff)

We have now adopted the Competency Assessment Tool for Technical Staff (CATTS) for Technical Services. This will form part of our new Technical Specialist Development Framework.

What is CATTS