By Natascha Steinberg

Hi everyone,
We are really close to testing ‘real life’ scenarios in our three trial lab areas which are the LSI (mostly Bioscience but interdisciplinary labs on Streatham Campus), IBCS (Medical labs, St Luke’s Campus) and in the Physic building (Streatham Campus). We will start with the chemical and equipment inventory and booking systems.
In September we will welcome Matthew Welch (GBP) who will work on this project full-time and will help to successfully establish LabCup. In addition, LabCup will give us specific training for our trial areas and we will integrate University of Exeter specific requirements for COSHH and other RA’s as soon as possible. After the initial phase, other labs will start to be added.

FUTURE OUTLOOK
I will visit the Penryn Campus on the 20th of August and will give talks about LabCup from mid-September onwards on Streatham Campus. It is a priority for us that we establish a trial site in Cornwall as soon as possible.
At the end of the year I will form ‘input’ groups –thank you to everyone who has signed up for this on the TS conference in Penryn! Everyone else who would like to take part can email me.
For those who cannot wait that Labcup arrives in their labs I am happy to email LabCup templates for the input of chemicals, equipment and lab areas –but help with LabCup procedures as well as for attaching required barcodes will only be available once it’s your lab areas ‘turn’.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns. My email address is n.steinberg@exeter.ac.uk
Best wishes,
Natascha