Here’s where you could find yourselves during your BA English with Study in North America (ESNA) degree!
If you are interested in specifically studying North American literature in the context of a three-year English literature degree and you want to study in the United States or Canada, ESNA is for you!
The structure of ESNA is as follows:
- Year One: you take exactly the same modules as students taking BA English
- Year Two: you study at one of our partner institutions in North America
- Year Three: you return to Exeter and complete the same third year as the BA English students, choosing one or more modules focused on North American literature and/or culture
We currently have partnerships with eight North American institutions:
- University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA)
- Iowa State University (Ames, Iowa, USA)
- University of Kansas (Lawrence, Kansas, USA)
- University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA)
- University of Toronto (Toronto, Ontario, CANADA)
- Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, New York State, USA)
- University of Victoria (Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA)
- College of William and Mary (Williamsburg, Virginia, USA)
Students on the BA ESNA degree are independent thinkers able to adapt quickly to new academic environments and they relish the opportunity to be taught in different ways and meet new people.
“Overall an incredible experience and a wonderful opportunity to see a new part of the world that is unique in terms of culture, nature, and sights.” Annabel Matthews, BA ESNA (2016-19)
You can find further details here.