Current student, Hima, shares what she likes about living in off campus accommodation, St. David’s.

As an international postgraduate student at the University of Exeter, my housing experience in St. David’s has been nothing short of enriching. St. David’s, situated near the city centre, offers a unique blend of convenience, diversity, and a welcoming atmosphere.

Location

St. David’s is strategically located, providing easy access to both the Streatham and St Luke’s campuses, making it an ideal choice for students with varied academic pursuits. The accommodation is designed to foster a vibrant community, and my decision to reside here was influenced by the desire to be close to the academic heart of the university while enjoying a diverse living environment. St. David’s residents can benefit from the free university shuttle buses, providing a direct link to both Streatham and St Luke’s campuses. This not only saves time but also ensures a stress-free daily commute.

Community

One of the standout features of St. David’s is its international appeal. The community is a melting pot of cultures, creating a dynamic and inclusive atmosphere that has greatly contributed to my overall university experience. Interacting with fellow postgraduates from various corners of the globe has not only broadened my perspectives but also enriched my cultural understanding.

Local Amenities

In terms of local amenities, St. David’s doesn’t disappoint. The bustling city centre is just a stone’s throw away, offering a range of grocery options including a conveniently located Tesco and easy access to the bus and railway station, facilitating seamless travel. For those who love exploring global cuisines, St. David’s provides easy access to an array of world food stores and diverse dining establishments, making it a haven for food enthusiasts. Navigating the city from St. David’s is a breeze, with a 20-30 minute walk to the campuses and easy access to the bus station. The city’s walking-friendly nature has encouraged me to stay active and explore the charming surroundings.

St. David’s is not just a residence; it’s a gateway to a broader university experience. The international flavour of this accommodation aligns perfectly with the welcoming and inclusive ethos of the University of Exeter. Living here has been an integral part of my international postgraduate journey, and I wouldn’t hesitate to choose St. David’s again for its unique blend of community, convenience, and cultural richness.