Good morning all and happy Friday!

It has been a busy couple of weeks for us all and we want to firstly thank you for sticking by us during this time! Today we will be discussing off-campus living with some input from of our current students about their experiences living off campus in their first year. Exeter University offers campus based learning (not living) as not all of our accommodation is on campus. However, there are plenty of benefits of living in the lovely small city of Exeter. Please read below, for some first hand experiences:

Alana:

“During my first year at the University of Exeter, I lived in off campus accommodation. I study BSc Medical Sciences, which is taught on both the Streatham and St Lukes campuses. As a result it was really helpful to live near the high street, which is located between both campuses, so it was an easy 15-20 minute walk to all of my lectures. The location was also really convenient as I never had to travel far to get my weekly shopping, or to meet my friends for a trip to the pub.” 

“Furthermore, I was allocated to a hall with 5 other people who I got along with really well! So much so, 3 years later, once of my housemates is still my best friend and continued to live with me in a privately rented house over the last couple of years. As for the residence itself, it felt really well maintained and secure, with a lovely kitchen area where we’d often all socialise or cook together.”

Dominique:

“Living off campus gave me time and space away from my studies where i could just relax and have my own life and space. I could be more independent. I didn’t have to move out during the holidays. I found the walk or cycle to and from campus really relaxing and often great to just calm my mind and process my life! ”

University Support

Even away from campus, you are not alone. If you’re in University accommodation you will have the support of our residence life team who work across University accommodation to support you. If you’re in private accommodation you will still have full access to the University’s welfare support and will have the support of our Student community wardens   To conclude: wherever you live there will always be someone there to help and support you if you need them.

Accommodation Shannon