Good morning everyone! Last week’s blog introduced our Move Smart campaign for this year, where the University and Students’ Guild support teams help students in their search for a place to live after their first year.
This week, we’re looking in more detail at those Housing FAQs you may have and also highlighting some really helpful events we have coming up.
Where and when to start?
The best approach to thinking about where to live next year is to consider all the options and take your time. Don’t rush into making a decision or signing a contract before you’re sure you’ve made the right choice.
The Students’ Guild website has some great advice on when to start your housing search.
There are a lot of aspects to consider and the logistics of moving into private accommodation can seem daunting. But don’t worry! There is help out there:
- Take a look at the Students’ Guild Housing Presentation which may answer many of the questions you have.
- The University Move Smart webpages run through lots of information, including the main points to consider when starting your search.
- Find out more about the residential areas in Exeter, transport links and a guide on rental prices.
Why not attend one of our events to chat with University and Students’ Guild support teams, or take a look at some of the private housing options out there in the city:
- Housing Advice Event – Monday 17th October, 10:00 – 16:00 in the Forum. The start of a series of informative events where Residence Life, the Community Engagement team and the Students’ Guild Advice team will have useful resources and lots of people on hand to answer your questions about accommodation.
- Private Accommodation Pop-Up in the Forum Street – Chat to private landlords and purpose-built accommodation providers about their facilities and rents when they come onto campus. More details coming on the blog and social channels.
- Instagram Q&A Session – Your opportunity to get answers to any housing questions you have from the likes of the Residence Life Team, Students’ Guild and Community Engagement Team. The Q&A will take place over the next few weeks on the University Students Instagram channel. Keep an eye on the blog and social channels for a confirmed date.
Follow the blog and Accommodation Facebook page for more updates on events and resources to help with your housing search, and if you feel like you need further support, please get in touch with one of the advice teams.
Have a great week!