The Business Chapter is the home of the Digital Strategy! The briefest way to describe what our chapter does is through our mission … we set the direction, secure the funding and we build momentum! If you’re looking for a bit more detail on what that means on a day to day basis, lets dive a little bit deeper into the work that’s done by our chapter members who are Helen Cocks (me!), Scarlett Yeo and Rebecca Jeavons.

As the Business Chapter Lead, I am responsible for the Digital Strategy. I ensure that it is co-created with the people who will benefit from it (our users) and for ensuring its kept up to date and responsive to our users needs. I am responsible for the budget, how its allocated and for ensuring we deliver value for money which requires tracking the performance of the entire digital team. I chair the Digital Strategy Implementation Group, which is our monthly governance group, and this is where I report our progress against our budget and KPIs. I also take a lead role in our team planning, running sessions at team meetings where we co-create our quarterly targets.

Picture by Jim Wileman – Digital Team Day, University of Exeter Business School.

At this stage I should mention Rebecca, our Performance Analyst, who is responsible for creating, collecting and analysing our KPI data. Rebecca monitors the performance of all of our products and services like our Digital Hub, our new UoE App and our Digital Upskill Experiences. She ensures the data we collect can be used to make decisions and does this by creating reports that are easy to read and understand. These reports will soon be shared more widely that our governance groups as well, we will be publishing our performance in our regular communications which brings me on nicely to the ‘build momentum’ element of our mission! Take a look at Rebecca’s recent blog post about her career journey with UoE digital here!

The Business Chapter is also responsible for communication and engagement so that everyone knows about the strategy, how it will benefit them and how they can get involved. Scarlett is our Comms Advisor, she manages the communications activity for UoE Digital, ensuring that communication drives transformation and change; that people get involved and take action as a result. Here are a few examples of her work on our Digital Strategy website, our main UoE Digital website, and our blog.  

Working in the Business Chapter is amazing, leading and delivering change with and for our students and staff is super rewarding. 

If you want to begin exploring using Agile ways of working, join our Agile Community of Practice here.

-Written by Helen Cocks, Digital Business Manager