In your first few months of university, it can be hard to know where to work on campus between lectures and it may take you some time to find your favourite study spaces. So, to save you some time, I’ve put together a list of some of my favourite locations on the Penryn campus for you to check out when you get here!

1. THE CAMPUS LIBRARY
A no-brainer! Open 24/7 and found just above The Exchange, the library has all the books and academic resources you could ever need for your assignments. With both normal and quiet study space, this is the perfect place to knock out that essay or begin research for a project.

2. THE PETER LANYON LEARNING LOUNGE
A small and quiet study place up on the first floor of The Peter Lanyon building. With sofas and pillows, this calming lounge is perfect for relaxing study. The hardest part when working here is trying not to fall asleep!

3. KOOFI COFFEE SHOP
I love to come and study here as it’s just around the corner from the Peter Lanyon building where I have a lot of my lectures. It’s the cutest coffee shop found between Glasney accommodation and campus. I can also grab myself a great coffee and cake while I work!

4. THE STANNARY
Both the upper and lower Stannary are brilliant places to go study. Although plug sockets are somewhat sparse and it may get quite noisy at times, you are bound to bump into friends here making it a perfect space for group study sessions! (TIP – You can find a microwave around the corner of the upper Stannary to heat up any food/ drinks that you may want to bring for long study sessions!).

5. THE SUSTAINABILITY CAFÉ
Found just past the upper Stannary, this is a great place to study, with beautiful views across campus, the Cornish countryside and (on a clear day) even the sea. Plug sockets can be found on most tables and tasty study snacks are not far away! It shuts at 3pm most days, however, so make sure to get there early for a good spot!

There are so many more cool spots hidden around Penryn campus so have an explore and find out what place suits your study needs best! 

Written by Molly, studying on the Penryn Campus